Back in 2019, Ngozi Ambrose, the CEO of Avana Beauty World (www.avanabeautyworld.com.ng) reached out to me, she wanted to own an e-commerce website so she could take her offline cosmetics business online but she didn’t know how to go about it.
She had tried so many options that didn’t work for what she wanted to achieve.
Luckily for her, she saw one of my adverts and then she contacted me. She wanted an e-commerce website that can display products and function like bigger brands do but at a fraction of the cost.
I requested her website URL and after seeing her website, I knew what she wanted and what she was trying to develop. I had a consultation session with her and afterward, I came to the conclusion that her website design needs to convert visitors into buyers and also portray her brand as a promising one.
I told her I’d take the job, I’d reword and redesign her website and she’d be blown away by the results of my work. We negotiated the fees, shared and accepted each other’s terms and conditions and I went on to work on her website, doing my conversion-led work as usual.
I worked on:
- The header section of her website
- Added creative slides to engage with potential customers
- Made sure her brand colours blended well with the stock images used on her website
- Added in a section for categories
- Reworked the footer area
Her website is: www.avanabeautyworld.com.ng
Some months later, she started getting traction from customers outside her country, my country: Nigeria, but they couldn’t make payments.
The website was in our local currency but she needed it to be in USD as well.
So, I suggested further improvements to her website:
- I implemented and setup Multiple Currencies (so customers outside and within Nigeria can have product prices in their local currency interchangeably via IP address detection)
- Worked on displaying Delivery Dates after checkout (to gain the trust of potential customers and put their minds at ease on when their orders will arrive)
- Setup Advanced Shipping Rates for international shipping (so customers outside Nigeria can be charged per kg rates)
- Worked on hiding certain payment gateways for different countries, so a customer from the US for instance doesn’t see a payment gateway intended for a customer from Nigeria
- Also setup a means for foreign customers to be able to pay for their orders manually
- Worked on PWA so her customers can install her website on their devices as a web app.
- Improved her website load speed
- I also setup an abandoned cart recovery system (so any customer that didn’t checkout at the spot is reminded about their orders via emails)
- Did other little but essential improvements like WhatsApp chat bubble and so on.
Since then, her website visits surged, her conversion rates tripled, she began exporting her products outside the country day in day out.
Running her business from the comfort of her home.
Before we knew it, she had smashed $5,000 in total sales, and recently, she smashed $10,000.
ALL FROM FREE TRAFFIC!
If you search Google for her brand or some products on her website today, she comes up one-time. Ranking with the best of them in her industry.
One thing I respect her for is her zeal and enthusiasm, she never relented, she always believed she would taste success someday and she did.
Do you have this beautiful online business idea that requires both local and global recognition but you are stuck on how to carry it out?
Or you have an existing website that’s disgracing you and you want to turn your story around?
Or you fall into the category of those who wants to own a mindblowing website but requires a website developer and designer they can trust?
Better Call Olabode!!.
If he could do it for Ngozi Ambrose (the CEO of Avana Beauty World), he can do it for you too!
Call Olabode today!
A website developer and designer you can trust!